Xibo 1.3.2 - Codename "Faye"
This is a development preview release of Xibo. This release is the first of the development preview releases of Xibo working towards the release of Xibo 1.4.0, the next stable line of Xibo released. This should NOT BE USED IN PRODUCTION.
You can download this release from https://launchpad.net/xibo/1.3/1.3.2
You must use the 1.3.2 .NET Client or 1.3.2 Python Client or later with this version of the Xibo server, other clients will not get new content from the Server.
Xibo requires PHP 5.2.9 or higher. A full list of module requirements is presented at the point of installation - we'll even tell you which modules you're missing!
Upgrading from 1.2 (Biela)
There are significant database schema changes between the 1.2 series of Xibo and the 1.3 series. The upgrader will take a 1.2 series database and convert it to a schema suitable for the 1.3 series to date. Note that this is a one-way conversion. Please do not upgrade your production database to test Xibo 1.3 functionality, and then expect to run a 1.2 series codebase against that database. Instructions for cloning a Xibo database are available here Release Notes:Clone Database.
- Clone your existing Xibo database and grant permissions (see Release Notes:Clone Database for details)
- Backup settings.php from your installation by copying this file somewhere outside your Xibo installation folder.
- The upgrader will offer to take a backup your database, but manually taking a backup IS ESSENTIAL.
- Replace your existing installation with the new version from the tar.gz or zip file. For example, if your installation is in a folder called xibo, rename or delete your xibo folder, and then extract a fresh copy of the server in to a folder with the same name - ie xibo.
- Replace your settings.php file in to the server folder. There won't be a settings.php there already so you won't be prompted to overwrite the existing file.
- Browse to http://your.server/path as normal
- You will be prompted that an upgrade is required.
- Enter your xibo_admin password, and follow the upgrade wizard.
- The upgrade should run, and finally ask you to log in as you would normally.
Please ask for help/advice in the Answers section of Launchpad: https://answers.launchpad.net/xibo
Please report any bugs in the Bugs section of Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xibo (if you're not sure that what you have found is a bug, please ask in the Answers section first!)
Please report any enhancement requests in the Blueprints section of Launchpad: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/xibo
When asking for assistance with Xibo 1.3 series releases, please make it clear that you're using a development preview and not a stable release of Xibo.
For a complete list of new features please refer to the Release Project Page Blueprint section: https://launchpad.net/xibo/1.3/1.3.2
For a full list of bug fixes please refer to the Release Project Page: https://launchpad.net/xibo/1.3/1.3.2
Known Issues and Limitations
Xibo is a young project. There are plenty of new features in the pipeline, but to provide a stable platform for users wanting Xibo now, the 1.2 series of releases are now feature-frozen (no new features will be implemented). All new development work will go in to the 1.3 series - which will be unstable.
Once we are happy with 1.3, we will release Xibo 1.4 which will be the next stable release series and the direct upgrade path for 1.2. Any future releases of Xibo 1.4 will be bug fix releases only.