Xibo 1.0.8 - Codename "Halley"
This is a client and server stability release of Xibo. We recommend all Xibo installations be upgraded to 1.0.8
You can download this release from https://launchpad.net/xibo/1.0/1.0.8
Xibo client 1.0.8 requires server 1.0.6 or 1.0.8 however you are strongly recommended to use 1.0.8 server and client together.
- Run the xibo-client-1.0.8-win32-x86 client MSI.
- Backup settings.php from your installation
- The upgrader will attempt to backup your database, but you must take your own regular backups of the Xibo database.
- Replace your existing installation with the new version from the tar.gz or zip file
- Replace your settings.php file
- Browse to http://your.server/path as normal
- You will be prompted that an upgrade is required.
- Enter your xibo_admin password, and follow the upgrade wizard.
- The upgrade should run, and finally ask you to log in as you would normally.
Please ask for help/advice in the Answers section of Launchpad: https://answers.launchpad.net/xibo
Please report any bugs in the Bugs section of Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xibo (if you're not sure that what you have found is a bug, please ask in the Answers section first!)
Please report any enhancement requests in the Blueprints section of Launchpad: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/xibo
Fixes for the following Bugs:
- 552853 - RequiredFiles ommits files for default layout
- 613209 - Replacing media in a layout or interrupted downloads cause media to be played before downloads are completed
Changes in Functionality
This is a bug fix release only - there are no changes in functionality.
Known Issues and Limitations
Xibo is a young project. There are plenty of new features in the pipeline, but to provide a stable platform for users wanting Xibo now, the 1.0 series of releases are now feature-frozen (no new features will be implemented). All new development work will go in to the 1.1 series - which will be unstable.
Once we are happy with 1.1, we will release Xibo 1.2 which will be the next stable release series and the direct upgrade path for 1.0. Any future releases of Xibo 1.0 will be bug fix releases only.
Therefore there are the following known issues and limitations with Xibo 1.0.8:
- Internationalisation: Xibo currently deals with non-english characters badly. You are strongly recommended to avoid using non-english characters wherever possible. 
- The backgrounds of Text and RSS media items are not transparent if the background of a layout is a GIF or PNG image. Please use JPEG images as a work around. 
- Overlapping regions are handled badly. The existing server/client were never developed to support overlapping regions, but they do work in some circumstances which is why we have decided to leave this functionality intact, but with the caveat that they may not work as you expect.  
- Backgrounds of FlashMedia items are not transparent. This is a limitation of the Adobe Flash C# control.