Xibo 1.0.5 - Codename "Halley"
This is a stability release of Xibo. We recommend all Xibo installations be upgraded to 1.0.5
You can download this release from https://launchpad.net/xibo/1.0/1.0.5
You must use the 1.0.5 client with this version of the Xibo server. Previous clients will incorrectly checksum the layout files which may cause them to break.
Xibo requires PHP 5.2.0 or higher. Xibo will function in most cases with 5.1.0 but you may experience some problems with experimental PHP functions. In particular Xibo may present a restricted list of timezones in the Admin Interface.
- Backup settings.php from your installation
- The upgrader will attempt to backup your database, but manually taking a backup would be a good idea.
- Replace your existing installation with the new version from the tar.gz or zip file
- Replace your settings.php file
- Browse to http://your.server/path as normal
- You will be prompted that an upgrade is required.
- Enter your xibo_admin password, and follow the upgrade wizard.
- The upgrade should run, and finally ask you to log in as you would normally.
Please ask for help/advice in the Answers section of Launchpad: https://answers.launchpad.net/xibo
Please report any bugs in the Bugs section of Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xibo (if you're not sure that what you have found is a bug, please ask in the Answers section first!)
Please report any enhancement requests in the Blueprints section of Launchpad: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/xibo
Fixes for the following Bugs:
- 373626 - xmds.php has stray Unix CR characters
- 421297 - Regions will not resize back to full screen - always 2px missing on each edge.
- 451545 - Client does not redownload corrupt media
- 492086 - Client Stats setting ignored
- 392846 - Library filter form defaults "all" in the Name field
- 423724 - Windows Client hardware key should be user configurable
- 431044 - Cannot use an IFRAME as embedded HTML
- 451695 - Client background image has lower quality than original
- 459671 - The server doesnt resize GIF images.
- 490049 - WMP object shown before video is started resulting in a white flicker
- 419361 - Multiple RSS Tickers run slowly or stop
- 422753 - Cannot upload files that have special characters in them
- 435056 - Should be able to remove "Manual" button from the "Dashboard" menu.
- 461002 - Upgrade backup switch is incorrectly labelled
- 488191 - Client and Server should make version number visble
- 455630 - Uploading more than one file revision without changing the name causes a "duplicate name" error
- 471636 - Source link wrong on login
Changes in Functionality
Support PPTX Extension The PPTX extension is now an allowed file type.
Client Loading Time
The first time a 1.0.5 series client runs it will recalculate checksums for all currently active media items. If you have large numbers or large media items this can take some time to complete. Once this process has completed the checksums will be cached and subsequent startups will be uneffected.
Known Issues and Limitations
Xibo is a young project. There are plenty of new features in the pipeline, but to provide a stable platform for users wanting Xibo now, the 1.0 series of releases are now feature-frozen (no new features will be implemented). All new development work will go in to the 1.1 series - which will be unstable.
Once we are happy with 1.1, we will release Xibo 1.2 which will be the next stable release series and the direct upgrade path for 1.0. Any future releases of Xibo 1.0 will be bug fix releases only.
Therefore there are the following known issues and limitations with Xibo 1.0.5:
- Internationalisation: Xibo currently deals with non-english characters badly. You are strongly recommended to avoid using non-english characters wherever possible. 
- The backgrounds of Text and RSS media items are not transparent if the background of a layout is a GIF or PNG image. Please use JPEG images as a work around. 
- Overlapping regions are handled badly. The existing server/client were never developed to support overlapping regions, but they do work in some circumstances which is why we have decided to leave this functionality intact, but with the caveat that they may not work as you expect.  
- Backgrounds of FlashMedia items are not transparent. This is a limitation of the Adobe Flash C# control.